Tuesday, January 3, 2012

In His Hands...

On behalf of Lisa and the Boyd family, THANK YOU all for your notes of love and support these last few days.

I wanted to give you an update on David and answer some of the questions that we've received.

David was able to come home to Athens on New Year's Eve. He is not in pain and has compassionate and wonderful hospice care. Only God knows how much more time David has with us, and we ask for your continued prayers for strength, patience, and peace.

At this point, the Boyds are not accepting visitors. They are simply cherishing every moment they have together. David is able to watch as Cap toddles from room to room with his ever present smile. Izzy makes regular visits to snuggle up and tell him stories, or simply to watch a movie together. Lisa and David have been able to find moments of quiet time together. And thankfully, David's family have all been able to come down to sit with him or talk with him on the phone.

We can't thank you enough for the love you have shown. Lisa has truly been inundated with emails, texts and calls...to the point that it's become a bit overwhelming. She is not able to respond to everyone, and while she shouldn't, she still feels the burden of not thanking each of you individually. For the time being, I'd like to ask that if you want to send a message of support, that you post it on the weloveteamboyd.blogspot.com website rather than email or text Lisa. The entire family, David included, check that site regularly for comfort and strength.

If you have specific questions, please feel free to email me (kimjness@yahoo.com) and I'll try to get an answer for you.

My heart is heavy, but as David has shown me this last year, my spirit remains strong...

peace to you all,
Kim Ness

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

"In his hands...." and in his name we pray for the Boyd family. You all are in our thoughts and prayers.

Nancy and John Smith

allyson bryant suriano said...

His hands are ginormous too. I don't understand God's plan, however it is perfect. I pray daily for all involved. Cherish every second. Love to you all.

Red*Hot@55! said...

Praying for God to give you strength, comfort and peace in the coming weeks...

Charity Cason said...

David,

I am still praying for you and your family all day everyday. I don't think I have ever prayed so hard for anything in my life. If nothing else, your journey and faith have propelled me to cling closer to God and really give things to him.

I don't even know a tiny bit about what you are personally feeling inside both physically and emotionally. I just cannot imagine. I am comforted to know that you are being cared for by people who love you and being surrounded by your wife and kids. I know that you are cherishing every single moment of that, and they are too. I also know that you have a strong faith and trust on what God's plan is for your life.

Just know that I am in constant prayer for you as are hundreds (if not thousands!) of other people are too.

God bless,

Charity Cason

Anonymous said...

Just saw this on FB and as part of who I am I wanted to encourage you in HIS strength. I pray that God will comfort you during this time and draw you nearer to HIM. GRACE and PEACE be with you and may God bless you through his WORD.

Patty Bronson said...

David and Family,
Mt thoughts and prayers are with you, as they have been from the beginning.
I have learned much from you guys and will keep the faith and knowledge you have shown me. Love to you , one and all. My heart is heavy but my spirit is strong.
Love and Blessings,

Eric and Lori Wright said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric and Lori Wright said...

Dear David, Lisa and family,

I have just heard of your family's battle.. Lisa is a childhood friend who I know has an amazing gift of lifting people up and always had a wonderful smile to share... As a mother of 3 (our youngest is Cap's age ) my heart overflows for you. Both of your strengths are a gift to each other and your children. We are praying hard for each of you... Much love.

Lori Wojcik Wright and family

Karen Buckton said...

I never met David but I knew of Philip's tremendous love for his brother and the commitment of many to do everything possible to keep David alive. My heart is heavy for the Boyd family and their friends in this saddest of times. Rest in peace David until you are all together again. You gave it your best shot.

Janice said...

The news of David's death hit me hard this morning. However, as I wrote Lisa at Thanksgiving, we owe the Boyds many thanks, and that is what I will reflect upon today.

Thank you for showing us what grace looks like.
Thank you for being role models of courage.
And thank you for reminding us to "love hard".

TeamBoyd is in our thoughts.

- Janice (on behalf of Eric & Katie, too)

Katrina Bowers said...

All any of us really have are moments.......I would guess you have had more more moments in a year than many have in a lifetime. Rest easy in the love that you feel by others and for each other.
Prayers, thoughts and hugs,
Katrina Bowers

Anonymous said...

David has gone Home.

Early this morning, with Lisa by his side, David peacefully passed away.

As I'm sure we are all feeling, I'd like to run over and wrap this family in my arms, but at this point they have requested no visitors. Please respect their need for space and time to grieve. Messages of love and support can be posted to the weloveteamboyd blog.

I will send more information out about funeral arrangements and memorials services as they become available.

But, for now, I ask that you offer up a prayer of thanksgiving for the amazing, inspirational life of David Boyd and continued prayers for strength and peace for his family.

God bless,
Kim

Ursula said...

My heart overflows with emotion for you. You are all in my constant thoughts and prayers. I continue to pray for strength and good news for you in the New Year. Sending you a blanket of God's love. With arms wide open, Ursula (Sean,Jack & Kate)

Anonymous said...

Your life has been such a true inspiration to us all, including those that never had the chance to know you. We are all saddened from your loss. You were too young to be taken, but we all rest assured knowing that you are with God and now one of his angels. Thank you for your strength and courage. My thoughts are with your family now as they cope with your loss. God truly blessed you and will continue to do so through your family. You will be missed.

Jennifer Dillow Morgan